- RSS Channel Showcase 7054893
- RSS Channel Showcase 6711533
- RSS Channel Showcase 3951696
- RSS Channel Showcase 8076842
Articles on this Page
- 06/28/16--07:19: _A Bee in my Bonnet.
- 10/19/16--23:47: _IVY IN THE GARDEN
- 04/25/17--06:05: _DOES MY HOUSE HAVE ...
- 06/06/17--04:10: _WHAT IS THAT INSECT?
- 07/03/17--07:20: _SPOTLIGHT ON FERNDO...
- 09/27/17--02:15: _AUTUMN IS HERE!
- 05/31/18--07:11: _SPOTLIGHT ON VERWOO...
- 06/28/16--07:19: A Bee in my Bonnet.
- 10/19/16--23:47: IVY IN THE GARDEN
- 04/25/17--06:05: DOES MY HOUSE HAVE PESTS?
- 06/06/17--04:10: WHAT IS THAT INSECT?
- 07/03/17--07:20: SPOTLIGHT ON FERNDOWN – DORSET
- 09/27/17--02:15: AUTUMN IS HERE!
- 05/31/18--07:11: SPOTLIGHT ON VERWOOD IN DORSET
Calls are literally flooding in for wasps and bees at the moment, the “season” is in full swing with multiple conflictions between man and insects! The majority of calls at the moment are for Bumble Bees which are invading properties of all types from houses, mobile homes, caravans, sheds and even bird boxes! Bumble Bees […]
For those people lucky enough to have a garden, now is the time to experience some unusual occurrences that only happen this time of the year, but the conditions have to be just right! If you have sandy based soil and short grass with a sunny outlook, you may notice small holes appearing in the […]
A simple question, but one that is often asked too late! Do you have unseen holes or gaps behind kitchen units or heavy furniture? Are there any strange openings in woodwork or walls? If the answer to these questions is yes, then you could have a problem. It could be they have been created by […]
The collection of pictures below can be used to help identify what insect you have come into contact with: Bumblebees – Larger than the honeybee and other bees, always furry, the common ones usually have tails that are either white, red, buff or brown and some have yellow bands. […]
Ferndown in Dorset is located north of Poole and Bournemouth and the parish includes Hampreston, Longham, Stapehill and Tricketts Cross and in terms of population, is the fifth largest town in Dorset. The town is surrounded by a mix of woodlands, open countryside and heathlands and on the borders are the Moors river and the […]
When you go outside, it may be unusually warm but do not be fooled, Autumn is here! The trees are rapidly changing in colour and the leaves are falling. All around there is frantic activity, with many insects and animals getting prepared for the inevitable colder weather that is just around the corner. Wasps and […]
Verwood is a town and parish found in Dorset and is situated 5 miles north west of Ringwood in Hampshire. The local river is called the Crane which eventually becomes the Moors river. The town is surrounded by both heathland and forest and also farm land. The heathland has always figured in the history of […]